Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Basic hull and structure is welded aluminum including superstructure with three full watertight bulkheads and two half-height watertight bulkheads.
- Bottom is 12 mm aluminum plate.
- Integral aluminum tanks for water and diesel form a double bottom between the three full height watertight bulkheads.
- 19mm tempered windows with storm boards.
- The hull structure is massively strong with a double bottom throughout the accommodation space. The stabilizers are mounted within coffer dams.
- Matching grey Treadmaster decking on exterior decks.
- External handrails, stanchions and foremast, et al are 316 L stainless steel.
- The ‘bolt on’ swim step extension section adds 3’/90cm to the waterline length and reduces drag six to eight percent. It also creates valuable space for loading/unloading passengers and stores from the dinghy, exiting to floating docks, and easy access off the stern for swimming. Finally, this extra waterline increases longitudinal resistance, further reducing pitching. And the measured length of the hull? We will just say that the bolt-on nature of the extension offers a degree of flexibility with “official” measurements not available with a welded extension.
- There is 6500 pounds of lead ballast, encapsulated within the fuel tanks.
- Fresh bottom paint (including stabilizers and rudder), boot stripe and hull/drivetrain zincs 2021.
- New Stamoid flybridge and entryway canvas 2021.
Main Engine & Gearbox:
- John Deere 6068 SFM50 – M3 rating – approximately 236 horsepower – diesel fuel.
- ZF280 V 2.556 to 1 reduction transmission with Drive Saver.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Max speed 12+ knots – normal cruise of 9.5 knots at 1650 RPM.
- Fuel consumption ~5 gallons per hour at cruise.
- Nominal cruising range with full tanks 6750 nm; 5400 nm with 20% fuel reserve.
- 5547 hrs as of September 2021.
- Recent major maintenance items include scheduled replacement of vibration dampener (2019), new motor and transmission mounts (2021) and full clean of heat exchanger and aftercooler cores (2021).
Propulsion & Steering:
- 32” diameter, Nibral 4-blade prop (fresh PropSpeed 2021); spare prop is stored on spindle in forepeak.
- Aquamet shaft with 2019 PSS shaft seal.
- Spurs line cutter.
- Steering system – single rudder with dual, independent Kobelt steering cylinders and two independent hydraulic systems and autopilots.
- Teleflex manual helm pump as back up to dual autopilot system.
- Bow Thruster – 24VDC, 136 Kg thrust. Controls located at both helms. Props replaced 2018 and full unit serviced 2021.
Get-Home Engine and Running Gear:
- Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 100 hp (continuous) diesel engine with 10 hours on a lay shaft with CV joint and Gori 3-blade folding prop (fresh Propspeed 2021). Propels boat at approximately 7.5 knots.
Other Mechanical Equipment:
- Naiad 302 hydraulic stabilizers with 9 sq ft fins and adaptive control driven off the main engine (seals replaced 2019).
- Hydraulic oil for stabilizers and crash pump is hull-cooled.
- Reverso oil change pump with manifold serving main engine, main transmission and generator.
- Murphy sight gauges tied to Maretron system for main engine oil level, gear pressure, coolant temp, and coolant level.
- All raw water cooling needs served through single sea chest with clean-out above waterline and dual heavy-duty strainers isolated by valves.
- Very extensive complement of spares for all systems, full list available on request.
- Vessel primary AC – 230V, with all main systems (air conditioning, water maker, induction cook top, speed oven, washer and dryer) able to run on 230V – 50 or 60 Hz.
- Vessel house/domestic AC – 110V US household standard.
- (3) 230VAC / 3KW Victron 24/3000 inverters (new 2018) provide power from the 24 volt DC battery system as either stand alone power, to support shore power, to support the 11.5 KW generator or to charge the batteries from shore power. System is able to function on either 50 or 60 Hz shore supply.
- Secondary 120 volt AC provided by dedicated 2KW Victron inverter for domestic loads.
- 110 volt (US standard), 240 volt, 24 volt and 12 volt plugs are located strategically throughout the boat.
- Two main power panels – one near main helm and on aft office bulkhead.
- Dual pole breakers disconnect both legs on AC and DC circuits.
- Remote Blue Sea disconnects for all 24 volt high amp DC circuits and devices.
- Primary 24 volt DC – three banks of (4) 6VDC cells, wired to provide redundancy if a cell fails in one of the banks (original FPB layout had no redundancy and difficult-to-obtain cells).
- Lifeline GPL-L16 deep-cycle AGM batteries (new 2016) provide 1200 amp hours of capacity at 24 volts. Brand and size of battery chosen for reputation/performance as well as worldwide availability and replacement if needed.
- All charging sources (inverters and alternators/regulators) optimized for battery size and chemistry per Lifeline specifications.
- Secondary 12 volt DC – (2) Group 31 batteries (new 2020) provide power for engine and genset starting.
- The Victron inverters double as the main 24VDC battery Charger (210A total) – recharging the house bank via external shore power or the generator.
- Inverter emergency bypass switch.
- 115VAC battery charger and 24 to 12 volt converter charger, battery disconnects and parallel switch with center tap from house bank for secondary 12 volt DC engine start bank.
- Inverters and alternator regulators have battery temperature sensors for optimal charging.
- (2) serpentine belt-driven 28 volt Electrodyne G150 alternators on the main engine provide a combined output of 7.4 KW (300 amps at 28 volts) thru two heavy-duty remote-mounted rectifiers while underway.
- This is sufficient to run key onboard 120 and 240 volt AC power systems via the inverters while underway (and docking) and recharge the batteries without running the generator.
- 11.5 KW Cummins Onan Generator.
- 2635 hrs as of September 2021.
- AC shore power – incoming shore power is isolated via an isolation transformer for safety and to protect boat electronics.
- Two shore power connection points, one in the forepeak and one on the aft deck, accept either 30 amp (115V – 60Hz) or 50 amp (230V - 50 or 60 Hz).
- Inverter/chargers can be adjusted to support available incoming amperage.
- Shore power cords and large selection of international adapters – 240 volt, 115 volt – enable worldwide plug-in capabilities.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 24 volt Kabola diesel-fired boiler for hot water and boat heating.
- (2) Headhunter X-Caliber pressure pumps for redundancy.
- 55 liter stainless water heater with dual 2000 watt elements with heat exchanger that is part of the Kabola diesel boiler/engine waste heat circuit for hot water. System permits hot water and boat heating to be made from engine heat underway or at rest by electricity or Kabola heater.
- Sea Recovery 55 gallon-per-hour RO water maker with fresh water flush, primary filtration, oil/water separator, plankton filter, charcoal filter and UV sterilizer plumbed to all potable water tankage via valved manifold (892 hours as of September 2021).
- Jabsco and Bosworth diaphragm electric pumps – 2 in engine room, 1 in forepeak, 1 in basement with roving hose and connections to stabilizer cofferdams.
- Pacer hydraulic damage control pump (600 liters per minute) in engine room, plumbed to forepeak, living areas and engine room.
- Manual/automatic control on all pumps plus high water alarms.
- Fuel Capacity is 13,440 liters (3,551 US gal) in two main tanks, two listing trim tanks and day tank.
- Tanks are integral aluminum.
- High capacity fuel transfer/polishing system with two geared Oberdoerfer pumps for redundancy, polishing filtration and debug system allowing transfer from any tank to any tank via valved manifolds.
- Day tank topped up automatically with pump running, low level, fill level and high level alarms.
- Manifold from day tank to all primary consumers with dual Racor filtration on main engine and additional filtration to other diesel consumers.
- 7,626 liters (2,014 US gal) in two integral aluminum tanks plus separate 70 liter / 18 gal polyethylene galley tank for filtered water.
Blackwater holding tanks:
- (2) polyethylene tanks – approximately 150 liter (40 US gal) capacity each – one serving the master head and one serving the aft head.
- Filtered tank breathers.
- Remote level indicators.
- Tank Tender level indicator for freshwater and diesel tankage.
- Sealand tank gauges for black water level indication.
|Navigation, Steering and Communications Equipment|
- Full Furuno Navnet 3D Black Box system with depth sounders, DGPS, open and closed array radars for redundancy, etc., all fully updated and serviced (including new closed-array radar) 2021.
- Separate Furuno 12” MFD on flybridge.
- Furuno FA-50 Class B AIS (new 2018) – integrated with MaxSea and Navnet 3D.
- Furuno CH270 searchlight sonar.
- SiriusXM weather system (new 2015) integrated with Navnet 3D.
- Sony VAIO Windows laptop at main helm runs Nobeltec TimeZero navigation software that runs both independently and seamlessly integrated with Furuno NavNet 3D system. Laptop also runs Maretron N2K and Victron inverter software. Charts are resident on both Furuno and MaxSea systems for redundancy.
- (3) monitors at main helm – two display Navnet data, the other is dedicated to the nav computer, all powered by independent inverter.
- Maretron system integrated with engine J box, Airmar weather station, GPS, depth, anchor alarm, key system alarms and warnings.
- (2) Maretron color DSM 250s – 1 on fly bridge, 1 at helm.
- Maretron N2K and IP gateway allow generation of custom screens that can be displayed on monitors or over the on-board wifi network to an iPad or smart phone.
- Dual autopilots – each completely redundant on separate hydraulic circuits with dual Kobelt cylinders.
- Primary Comnav autopilot system with TS 202 lever steering and Commander control head at main helm and 200 series remote auto/lever steering on fly bridge. Accu-steer pump (new 2018).
- W-H AP4 back-up autopilot system with controls at lower helm.
- Teleflex manual helm pump with wheel for emergency use.
- Normal operation is by fly by wire or autopilot mode.
- Engine room emergency manual tiller control.
Communications and other equipment:
- (2) Icom 604 DSC VHF radios at main helm with command mike on flybridge. Includes loudhailer, fog horn and intercom capabilities. Two VHFs provide redundancy and enhanced watchstanding.
- Icom M802 HF/SSB radio with DSC integrated with Pactor 3 USB modem wired to 27” iMac computer in ship’s office (full voice and data capabilities, including SailMail and weather products).
- KVH FB150 Inmarsat Fleet Broadband VSAT satphone with dial-up speed data capabilities.
- Peplink MAX HD wifi router – accepts cellular SIM cards for wireless data and connects to wifi extender to provide private wifi and ethernet network for the boat.
- IslandTime Groove 52 wifi extender with external antenna (new 2018; connects to distant marina and shore wifi signals and repeats them in the boat’s wifi network).
- 27-inch iMac computer in ship’s office runs latest versions of IOS and Windows (via Parallels desktop) (screen replaced 2016).
- Canon color laserjet printer (new 2016).
- Electrolysis monitor meter.
- Security system consisting of deck pressure sensors, salon door sensor, horn and light alarm alert – activated via remote key fob.
- Visual/IR cameras in engine room, forward and astern fed in to NavNet3D monitors.
- Asko separate full-sized clothes washer and dryer.
- Central vacuum system with two pickup points – one forward and one aft, plus long hose and vacuum tools.
- Miele Speed oven (convection, conventional, microwave) (new 2021).
- Diva three burner induction cook top.
- Fisher Paykel single drawer dishwasher (new 2015).
- Custom refrigerator (roughly 348 Liters) and freezer (roughly 240 liters) in galley and second custom freezer in basement (roughly 162 liters).
- Each box cooled by a 24 volt Danfoss compressor with controls in the ship’s office and full soft-start modules.
- Cooling is via keel coolers mounted in dedicated distilled water tank underneath guest cabin. Anodes inspected by Berthon in 2019, no issues.
- Galley is otherwise fully equipped with utensils, pots, pans, serving ware, etc.
- Vacuflush freshwater heads with valving for direct overboard discharge, discharge to holding tanks with overboard macerator pumps and deck pumpout fittings.
- Master cabin has separate tub/shower, toilet compartment with Vacuflush head and vanity with sink integrated into the forward area of stateroom.
- Guest cabin has “wet” head with sink, Vacuflush head and shower.
- Showers and sinks discharge overboard via Whale Gulper pumps.
- Freshwater deck shower on aft swim platform with hot and cold mixer valve.
Heating, Air Conditioning & Ventilation:
- (4) 230VAC reverse-cycle Climma air conditioning units (start capacitors replaced 2021).
- Two units serve the main salon and are raw water cooled.
- The remaining two units serve (a) the main cabin and (b) the guest cabin, office and rear cabin areas via separate thermostats. These units are fresh water cooled via an independent closed loop and coffer dam.
- Fan only and dehumidification modes in addition to heat and cool.
- Dual self-priming Primetime pumps on pump relays.
- Hot water heat with thermostatically controlled fan coils throughout the yacht.
- Kabola hot water loop heats domestic water as well.
- Heat sources include the Kabola diesel boiler, electric hot water calorifier and engine waste heat exchanger.
- Manifold to bypass heating loop for summer operation.
- Awning system for salon windows (port and starboard).
- Complete set of hatch covers and rain dodger for master stateroom hatch.
- Fusion stereo head unit connected to Sony amplifier serves four ceiling-mounted speakers in main salon headliner plus subwoofer. Stereo also supports a second zone of wired speakers on the flybridge although no speakers are currently installed. All stereo functions can be controlled via smartphone app from anywhere in the boat.
- Stereo inputs include AM/FM/CD/DVD, Bluetooth and SiriusXM radio.
- 40 inch LCD TV Samsung Smart TV on electric lift behind starboard settee in main salon.
- TV input sources include DVD from stereo system and AppleTV connectivity via wifi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Interior lighting is recessed halogen overhead on Vimar dimmers.
- Forward and aft deck flood lights and white/blue flybridge task lighting.
- Large forward-facing 230VAC flood light on foremast.
- 24VDC fluorescent lights in engine room and “basement” storage area.
- LED light for swim step area.
- LED anchor lights.
- 24v oversized AquaSignal navigation lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Interior finish is stained cherry wood veneer and timber.
- Ultra-leather headliner and hull panels.
- Striated vinyl wall covering on bulkheads.
- Hi Mac solid surface counter tops.
- Flexco Repel rubber flooring with new (2021) carpeting throughout.
- Ultra-suede seating cushions.
- Stidd helm chair.
- Full set of seat covers, salon table cover and exterior canvas covers.
Description of layout from forwards:
TOCCATA has a large forepeak forward, which provides massive storage for all manner of equipment. Behind this is the owner’s stateroom with offset queen berth (new pillow-top foam mattress 2015) and lots of cupboards, shelves, drawers, under-bed storage and wardrobe. There is a bench seat and basin incorporated into this cabinetry with a private head and combination shower/tub stall to port.
Up steps to the Great Room with 350 degree vision, helm station, main salon and incorporated galley with masses of refrigeration and counter space. There is lots of space for cooking, eating, socializing and also for watch keeping when at sea. Beneath the great room is the “basement” – a vast area which is available for the storage of spares, stores and equipment of all kinds.
There is access from here to the aft deck with its barbeque, sink, dinghy, safety equipment, storage and working deckspace.
A ladder leads up onto the flybridge where there is a second helm station, seating and a fold up table for dining.
Steps from the aft deck also lead down to a large swim platform with fresh water shower, custom swim ladder, two large storage lockers and easy access to floating docks as well as dinghies, paddleboards and other water toys.
Back inside, from the great room there are steps down into the aft section of the yacht with a double guest cabin to port (new pillow-top foam mattress 2015) with transverse bunk over, and work station/office to starboard and access to the second head. Aft of these is a single-berth cabin and then a door into the vast engine room which is designed for great access to all the machinery.
- Deck wash (salt and freshwater wash down spigots) in forepeak and BBQ locker on aft deck.
- Stainless deck stanchions with stainless lifeline system.
- Boarding gates port and stbd on aft deck, and port and stbd onto the swim platform.
- Aft deck propane BBQ (new 2021) with freshwater sink.
- Large ventilated storage lockers on either side of the swim platform.
- (2) stainless “flopper stoppers” for use at anchor.
- (2) Kolstrand “fish” for use in the event of stabilizer failure.
- The above deployed from the booms on separate pennants with rope clutches.
- Large integrated swim platform aft with steps from aft deck.
- Stainless swim ladder.
- Aft deck freshwater shower (hot and cold with mixer valve).
- Lifelines on pelican clips for easy access to dinghy/docks.
- Fishing rod holder.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Primary ground tackle consists of a 110 kg / 240 lb self-launching Rocna anchor with 100m / 330 feet of Maggi 10 mm galvanized Grade 70 high-test chain with welded Omega shackle. Chain and shackle are new 2018.
- Maxwell V4000 24 VDC windlass with chain counter and controls at fly bridge and main helm.
- Fortress F80 and F125 anchors for kedging/storm use with 120 meters of hi modulus line and two shots of chain.
- Aft deck Lewmar electric self-tailing #48 winch for hoisting dinghy, kedging and breast lines.
- (3) manual, self-tailing two-speed Lewmar #40 winches for dock line control.
- Full assortment of 7/16 high modulus and 7/8 inch dual braid lines for docking and other uses.
- Galerider storm drogue and Parachute sea anchor with dedicated lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Canvas covers for BBQ/sink console and flybridge helm/eating area.
- Custom dinghy cover (new 2019).
- Side awnings and awning over master cabin hatch for sun protection.
- Insulated storm/sun covers for all hatches.
Tender, Outboard and Water Toys:
- AB 12 ALX center-console aluminum hull RIB, with trim tabs, bilge pump and bench and bow storage for fuel and safety gear (new 2016)
- Yamaha 25 hp 4 stroke gasoline outboard motor with controls and tachometer on center console (new 2016).
- Launch and retrieve via booms and aft deck electric winch.
- 2-person inflatable Sea Eagle kayak with seats and paddles.
- Two inflatable paddleboards with carbon paddles.
- Assorted recreational-style PFDs for dinghy and water toys.
- Extensive complement of diving and offshore fishing gear, although generally not used by current owners.
- Switlik SAR-6 hard canister 6-person liferaft. Inspected and certified September 2021.
- Switlik MOM 8 man overboard module, mounted on stern pushput. Inspected and certified September 2021.
- Horseshoe throw collar with strobe on aft deck pushpit, plus heaving/retrieval line.
- ACR GlobalFix Category 2 EPIRB.
- Very well equipped ACR Rapid Ditch Bag, flare kits, etc.
- (6) Stearns SOLAS and USCG approved offshore PFDs.
- USCG-required safety equipment and placards.
- Custom, professionally-specified medical kit and medications.
- Fuel system shut-off, engine room air intake damper and automatic engine room fire suppression system can all be remotely activated from outside of the engine room.
- Engine room heat sensors, complete engine alarms along with other monitoring integrated to the Maretron system.
- Fire extinguishers mounted throughout the boat in strategic locations and current on expiration tags.