HIGHLANDER is one of the most famous & recognizable yachts on the water -- it is one of a kind. Custom built by the renowned Dutch shipyard Feadship to the highest bespoke standards and designed by the creator of modern yacht design, Jon Bannenberg, for the publisher Malcolm Forbes, it was launched in 1986. In 2014, this legendary yacht completed a total redesign and refit, updating it for today’s standards.
The iconic steel hulled Bannenberg designed Feadship HIGHLANDER is now fully modernized and has an open interior floor plan. With 7 staterooms, an on-deck Master Suite with His and Her bathrooms, it sleeps 13 and carries a crew of 11 to meet your every need. It's steel hull cruises comfortably and economically on Detroit diesel engines up to 16 knots.
HIGHLANDER is a brilliant blend of Malcolm Forbes fabulous personality and Jon Bannenberg’s futuristic design genius. It's angular high hull profile, the glass enclosed Sky Lounge and raised bow was decades ahead of its time. Entirely bespoke, and built for glamorous entertaining & transatlantic travel, it had a who’s who of glamour & power on board its decks. They traveled the globe with Malcolm Forbes on HIGHLANDER -- from Bora Bora, to then Communist China, Thailand, Alaska, New York City, London, France, the Philippines and more. Presidents, royalty, Hollywood, dictators, rock stars and athletes all came. Elizabeth Taylor was often found sunbathing on the top deck, with Forbes’ Harley Davidsons aft and his green “Capitalist Tool’ helicopter parked on its heli-pad at her disposal.
In 2014, a massive 2-year refit was completed by an experienced designer and Feadship owner. The steel hull was extended, all equipment and mechanicals upgraded, massive Quantum zero speed stabilizers installed, modern technology introduced, world satellites and entertainment systems included.
HIGHLANDER’s famous Bannenberg profile was kept intact and lengthened by the new extension, his brilliant modern exterior lines strengthened with new sharp edges and streamlined stainless steel guard rails. An extensive new exterior paint job saw a deeper, dark green hull color with a contrasting crisp white yacht body.
All exterior and interior spaces were redesigned for today’s modern family, extended family, children, and friends to meet their every entertaining need and desire.
HIGHLANDER has 7 en suite staterooms for 13 guests. The Master Cabin has been moved to the Main Deck forward, and features 180-degree views, white Anigre wood veneer walls with a floating wide California King bed in exotic burled pale grey wood, extensive closets, His and Her marble bathrooms, and a separate spacious private office.
Below are 6 updated and renovated Guest Suites all with en suite marble bathrooms. The entire below deck hall & guest cabins have been recovered in exotic white African figured Anigre wood veneer. There is a VIP king stateroom with jacuzzi, separate shower, and walk in closet; 2 queen bed staterooms; 2 double twin bed staterooms; and a single twin room for nanny, teacher, security, personal assistant as needed. Several cabins have pullman bunks for even more flexibility. Bannenberg’s custom faucets and exotic stones have been restored, while the original bedside tables with exotic stone tops & tooled leather drawers emblazoned with Scotland’s Highland stag have been restored. A new massage room has also been added, while the original mirrored walk-in wine cellar has been restored. The guest hall has a new below counter refrigerator for guest’s convenience.
HIGHLANDER’s massive interior entertaining spaces have been completely opened-up, modernized, and feature rare woods, wide planked dark wood floors, and luxurious stones --- creating a light modern open feel thru out. The Main Salon is now full beam, veneered in exotic white African Anigre, while the central stairs are in Amazonian leathered stone floating between wavy walnut veneered curved walls. A new Media Room features surround sound, new custom floor to ceiling glass doors that fold completely open to the Main aft deck to create one continuous entertaining space.
The wrap around glass ceilinged Sky Lounge above has been re-imagined with an onyx floor & bar, its new floor to ceiling doors folding away to the covered & wind protected new outdoor dining space. At night the Sky Lounge transforms into a disco, while for a rainy day, the Sky Lounge’s wrap around glass allows guests 180-degree views of the gorgeous Cote d’Azur’s coast or St Lucia’s dramatic twin peaks as they cruise. A 3M glass coating offers UV protection while keeping the area cool.
HIGHLANDER’s new extended stern showcases it’s wide 29’3” beam with an open full beam teak swim platform and oversized extendable hydraulic platform that can be extended, raised, or lowered for your enjoyment. The full beam teak steps lead you up to an enlarged aft deck with seating and bar, or the steps can be raised to reveal a toy closet overflowing with sea bobs, scuba gear, fishing poles, inflatables and more. It has been completely designed for the enjoyment of children, friends, family, and water sports
HIGHLANDER’s top deck has been extended forward, with new built-in seating, sunbathing and bar, while a new jacuzzi overlooks the glass ceilinged Sky Lounge. The touch-and-go helicopter pad now doubles as a round sun deck floating over the sea. The middle deck now has a sizable new sunbathing area – perfect for a late afternoon nap.
There are multiple areas for al fresco dining, children playing, adults relaxing, single or multiple groups socializing or quietly reading.
HIGHLANDER has a strong charter record, it’s layout ideal for a variety of families or groups
Malcolm Forbes christened it ‘The HIGHLANDER’, the new owners simply call it ‘HIGHLANDER’ – both honor this iconic yacht. It represents Malcolm Forbes’ heritage and brilliant personality along with Jon Bannenberg’s genius design. It’s ‘HIGHLANDER’.
- On-Deck Master Stateroom
- Brand New John Deere 99KW Generators (Sept 2021)
- Touch-and-Go Helipad
- Jon Bannenberg Limited Design
- Interior redesigned in 2014
- Transatlantic Range
- Established Charter Program and excellent charter layout
- Incredible Retractable extension Swim Platform
- 7 staterooms all with ensuite bathrooms for up to 13 guests with 5 crew cabins for up to 11 crew and seamless luxury service
- Quantum Zero Speed Stabilizers
- Economical cruising
- Updated entertainment system with Apple TV and PLEX entertainment and Ipad controls for main entertaining spaces
- KVH world satellite system
- Private massage room
- Private Owners Wine Cellar
- US Duty Paid
- Engines: 2 x Detroit Diesels, 16V 900 HP each @ 1800 rpm; rebuilt 2013
- PORT hrs: 1543 - July 2021
- STBD hrs: 1542 - July 2021
- Generators: 2 x Brand New (Sept 2021) John Deere 99KW Generators
- Electricity: 208V 3 phase 300 Amp- 60 Hz, 120V, 60 hz, 24 volt DC
- Stabilizers: Quantum Zero Speed Stabilizers
Speed and Range:
- Max Speed: 16 Knots
- Cruising Speed: 13 Knots
- Range: 4,000 nm
Communication and Entertainment:
- SeaTel 4009 System MK2
- Fleet Broadband Internet
- WiFi Throughout, Ruckus wireless access
- KVH Worldwide satellite throughout
- Samsung HD Smart TV’s throughout
- Apple TV System, central Storage, iPad controls, docking stations throughout
- Helipad: Touch-and-go Helipad
- Transformer: Retractable extension platform on swim platform
- Jacuzzi: Heated, multi-color LED Lights, fountain sprays
- Massage room: Separate, private massage room
- Disco Lounge: Starblast Professional disco lights with surround sound
- Media Room: 75” Samsung HD Smart TV, Surround Sound
- Wine Cellar: Storage for private collection of owners wine
- Yamaha Wave Runner 2016 VX 1050-AB, HIN: YAMA2293K516
- Yamaha Wave Runner 2016 VX 1050-AB, HIN: YAMA2289K516
- 2 Blow up Paddle Boards with 5 Paddles
- 1 Wakeboard
- 2 Sets of Water Skis
- 20 Water Sports Life Jackets, baby to XXL Sizes
- Tow Lines and Towable Donuts
- 1985 Donzi HIN#DMR21087K485 ENG S/N - 2A452759, 2018 brand new engine.
- 2012 Ribeye A series 6000 RIB, Yamaha 115HP Outboard engine
- 2013/2014: Full 1.5 year refit by Derektor including hull extension and full interior refit.
- 2017/2018: Hull repaint + General Maintenance + New Carpets in all Cabins
- 2019/2020: General Maintenance
- Please ask for further information.